The 8th Biennial Ecohealth Conference Scientific Committee would like to thank all authors who submitted their contributions before the Conference was postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic. The Conference Organization Committee has decided to reopen the Abstract submission for authors to edit/update their submitted Abstracts and/or submit new Abstracts.
Abstracts may be submitted for consideration for an oral presentation or a hard copy poster (Posters: size of the poster 200 cm (height) x 90 cm (width)) in any one of the following categories:
- Health and Environment and Diseases
- Exploitation of natural resources (mining, agriculture and tourism etc)
- Harnessing local knowledge systems in communities for sustainable development
- Urbanization-sharing best practices
- Disaster management and preparedness-Global perspectives
- Oceans and health.
- 4th Industrial revolution.
- COVID-19 pandemic recovery and prevention
Before submitting your Abstract, please carefully read the submission instructions below.
Please note that those who already have their Abstracts accepted from the previous Call are not expected to re-submit unless you choose to do so. Should you wish to make a new submission replacing the previously accepted abstract, please click here and kindly indicate that this is a replacement of previously accepted Abstract.
The new deadline to submit abstracts are shown below.
Deadline for Abstract Submission: 28 February 2022
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: 15 March 2022
The presenting author must register and pay the registration fee by May 31st, 2022 (please note that registration is required in order to be included in the program, to have the abstract published in the online “Book of Abstracts”.
There is an early bird registration fee discount of R350.00 if registration fee is paid by April 30th 2022.
|Registration fee: academics||R 6 000,00|
|Registration fee: students||R 3 500,00|
|Exhibitors||R 5 000,00|
Early Bird Fee
|Registration fee: academics||R 5650,00|
|Registration fee: students||R 3 150,00|
Instruction for completing a template for abstracts
- Only abstract with original research will be considered
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font throughout
- Title: In bold type and upper case (capitals)
- Authors: Surname followed by initials; do not include titles. (Bold and Underline the presenter’s name)
- Affiliation: Department, Centre or Unit Use * and # symbols to match affiliation with author
- Abstract: Please fit into the frame. 250 words maximum.
- Your abstract should capture the following
7.1 Introduction: Clearly state motivation for the study
7.2 Aim(s): Clearly state the purpose(s) of the study
7.3 Methods: Clearly state how your study was conducted, sample selection, tools and instruments used
7.4 Results: Present your results in a logical sequence indicating level of significance were appropriate.
7.5 Conclusion/Recommendations: State the important conclusion or recommendations, if any, of your study.