DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE, IN CONSULTATION WITH ECOHEALTH INTERNATIONAL BOARD, HAS POSTPONED THE CONFERENCE INDEFINITELY. YOU WILL BE INFORMED OF THE NEW DATES IN DUE COURSE. PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS WILL REMAIN OPEN AND THE REVIEW PROCESS WILL CONTINUE
The 8th Biennial ecohealth Conference Scientific Committee
would like to thank all authors who submitted their contributions before the Conference was postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The Conference Organization Committee has made a decision to reopen the Abstract submission for authors to edit/update their submitted Abstracts and/or submit new Abstracts.
Abstracts may be submitted for consideration for an oral presentation or a hard copy poster
(Posters: size of the poster 200 cm (height) x 90 cm (width)) in any one of the following categories:
- Health and Environment and Diseases
- Exploitation of natural resources (mining, agriculture and tourism etc)
- Harnessing local knowledge systems in communities for sustainable development
- Urbanization-sharing best practices
- Disaster management and preparedness-Global perspectives
- Oceans and health.
- 4th Industrial revolution.
- COVID-19 pandemic recovery and prevention
Before submitting your Abstract, please carefully read the submission instructions below and indicate if your submission is i. New ii. Updated/Edited.
Please note that Authors who have already received Acceptance letters are not required to resubmit their Abstracts.
The new deadline to submit abstracts are shown below.
Important Dates for Abstract Submission
Deadline for Abstract Submission: February 28th, 2021
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: April 15th, 2021
The presenting author must register and pay the registration fee by May 31st, 2021 (please note that registration is required in order to be included in the program, to have the abstract published in the online “Book of Abstracts”.
There is an early bird registration fee discount of R350.00 if registration fee is paid by April 30th 2021.
Postponed indefinitely due to Covid-19 pandemic.
Registration fee: academics R 6 000,00
Registration fee: students R 3 500,00
Exhibitors R 5 000,00
Early Bird Fee
Registration fee: academics R 5650,00
Registration fee: students R 3 150,00
Exhibitors R 00,00
How to submit abstract?
Visit the conference website to register and submit abstract. https://ecohealth2020.co.za/
Instruction for completing a template for abstracts
- Only abstract with original research will be considered
- Use Times New Roman 12 point font throughout
- Title: In bold type and upper case (capitals)
- Authors: Surname followed by initials; do not include titles. (Bold and Underline the presenter’s name)
- Affiliation: Department, Centre or Unit Use * and # symbols to match affiliation with author
- Abstract: Please fit into the frame. 250 words maximum.
- Your abstract should capture the following
7.1 Introduction: Clearly state motivation for the study
7.2 Aim(s): Clearly state the purpose(s) of the study
7.3 Methods: Clearly state how your study was conducted, sample selection, tools and instruments used
7.4 Results: Present your results in a logical sequence indicating level of significance were appropriate.
7.5 Conclusion/Recommendations: State the important conclusion or recommendations, if any, of your study.