2018 ECOHEALTH CONGRESS, CALI COLOMBIA
Universidad del Valle and ecohealth international hosted the 2018 biennial congress in Cali, Colombia, from August 15 to 18th. The overall theme was “Environmental and Health Equity: Connecting local alternatives in a global World”. This theme emphasized the need to connect local initiatives in a world with global drivers that threaten healthy ecosystems and populations, and makes a call to tackle these forces and pursue justice. Morning sessions were organized with key speakers and provocative discussions in which cross sectional questions about environmental and health equity was analyzed and challenged to support ideas of change. In addition to activities directly related to the conference theme, Ecohealth 2018 also included pre-conference workshops, other presentation formats and a rich set of activities aimed to promote the principles of the Ecohealth approach.
See Statement of Conference 2018 here
You also can download documents of past conference statements:
2016 Ecohealth Conference in Melbourne, Australia
The Congress was a ‘meeting of the minds’ for researchers, policy makers and practitioners who are working towards more integrated approaches and effective responses to complex global health challenges. The Congress brought together the One Health and Ecohealth communities to improve global health and the health of our people, animals and ecosystems. We promoted coordination and collaboration across sectors and disciplines to gain new perspectives of researchers, policy makers, practitioners and communities on issues that originate at the human-animal-ecosystems interface (and the social and ecological drivers of risk). Congress objectives included:
- Showcasing how One Health and Ecohealth approaches are effective responses to global health challenges.
- Sharing research strategies, approaches and tools to understand and reduce health risks.
- Presenting practical examples of protecting and promoting public, animal and ecosystem health through ongoing dialogue and collaborative action among researchers, policy makers and practitioners in One Health and Ecohealth communities.
- Enabling inclusive participation of delegates from diverse backgrounds.
See the Statement of Conference 2016 here
Other past biennial conferences
- EcoHealth2014 (Montreal, Canada)
- EcoHealth2012 (Kunming, China)
- EcoHealth 2010 (London, UK)
- EcoHealth 2008 (Merida, Mexico)
- EcoHealth One 2004 (Madison, Wisconsin)